Menu

Explode the Code users....

The Beyond the Code books have silly stories in them, but I don't recall any talking animals. Stories that include animals, yes. Well, one was about a dog that kept barking so its friend dog would be let in the house. Does that count?

The ETC books themselves don't have much in the way of storylines at all, just random sentences.

Um, no. Do you mean like talking characters? There are no stories or anything, just sentences. But no talking animals that I can remember and we did up to book 5. There are pictures of animals-very childishly drawn and sometimes silly pictures-but that's it.

There are some reading comprehension exercises when you get farther on---definitely in books 7 and 8,IIRC, not sure about 6 (it's been a couple of years since we finished). I don't remember if they were stories, nonfiction or a combo, but they were usually only a few paragraphs. Talking animals don't stand out in my memory of these, but then they wouldn't for me.