Menu
ATTENTION: Forums search will not work until re-indexing is completed. Please follow these instructions for search

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

praisefor3

If an egg cracks while boiling it is it still safe to eat?

I'm not talking just a hairline crack. I mean a true crack where you can see the white inside. The contents of the egg stayed in so it obviously happened part way through the boiling process. When this has happened I have always thrown the egg away but now I'm wondering if this is necessary in the world of "egg safety."

I think that would almost become a poached egg. The key is that the egg cooks -- whether it's in the shell, like a boiled egg, or out of the shell, as in a scrambled egg, is not the central issue.

I eat them ... and this happens to me a lot, because somehow I always crack one.

I hope so, because we eat them like that all the time. I would think as long as it's cooked, it's okay.

SUBSCRIBE TO OUR NEWSLETTER & RECEIVE A COUPON FOR
10% OFF
We respect your privacy.You’ll hear about new products, special discounts & sales, and homeschooling tips. *Coupon only valid for first-time registrants. Coupon cannot be combined with any other offer. Entering your email address makes you eligible to receive future promotional emails.
0 Shares
Tweet
Pin