Menu

Readign programs

z2_mom

My youngest is starting to read. We are moving through the Bob Books. I can already tell that she is going to need a ton more reinforcement to make the jump from reading words to books. She is such a different learner than her sister, and has several speech issues. Most of the speech issues have been resolved but do peak there head up in the way she thinks and processes things. I am using my own phonics program, and we are spelling words. I think that with her I am going to need a more formal reading program on top of reading books. What would you all recommend? She is in Kinder right now, and 5 years old. I would like something that offers multi-grade levels, so we can stick with it as the grade progress. I do not mind a program that is teacher intensive, as I feel reading should be more hands on in the younger years anyways.

lynda

AngieW,

Thanks. I think that that "I see sam readers" will work. I am good with phonics myself and teaching it. This child is just going to need more leveled readers for a longer time period than my other children. I love the fact that there does not seem to be a bunch of busy work associated with the books and they are very cost effective.

Thanks so much

lynda