Menu

If you were a teen in the 80's. . .

Wow.. I thought it was gonna be easy laughing001.gif

Guess not...

Every other one is blank(ok I guess more than that)~~LOL I can think of most of the songs and sing it in my mind but just can't get the right words

I got Billie Jean wrong b/c I spelled it billy~that's not fair :rolleyes: and jessie's girl(I did Jesse) Picky Picky

My stinky score 53.75 :D

I graduated in 1994

That was hard! And now I have that stupid "Electric Avenue" song stuck in my head. Of all of the songs, why that one!?

Dh will enjoy this, though he grew up in the 70's.

Thanks for posting. It was fun. Brought back a lot of memories! :)

I've got "Look Away" in mine. I hated that song, and still do :rolleyes:

How many of you spent hours in front of the T.V. watching MTV? I remember the first video ever played. Video Killed the Radio Star by the Buggles. Do you remember when Michael Jackson's videos would air on Prime Time regular T.V.? I am amazed at how much my mom let me mold in front of the boob tube watching Hall and Oats and Night Ranger.

How many of you spent hours in front of the T.V. watching MTV?

This is me. I used to do all of my homework stretched out on the living room floor, on the phone with my best friend, while both of us watched MTV and kept up a running commentary on how annoying Martha Quinn was. It's amazing I have any brain cells left at all.

My result:

"Your generation stuck mine with a motherload of cultural horrors (bradys! disco! plaid! roller skating!). -30% for being a yuppie.

5 point bonus for telling me where you saw this. Thanks!

Final Score: 56.8"

-30%????!!!!!! So does that mean I'd really have an 86 if I wasn't born in the late 60's? (Indignantly) And I was never a yuppie!

Graduated in 85 - had a lot of misheard lyrics in there! (So close...)

Um. I'm a little embarrassed to say that I got 126. I would have gotten more if my brain hadn't locked up from all the songs running through it.

Yes, I listened to a lot of radio. We didn't have MTV though; my mom is morally opposed to paying for TV.

Dangit, I went through the answers and a couple were marked wrong when I got them right! And I had a couple of typos. I could have done better!

OK, I got a 19.5 on the 90s quiz. How is that even possible? Did I sleep through the 90s????

And I think THIS...

66. Make a little birdhouse in your soul

Two nerd filled points!!! Did having this song stuck in your head mess you up on the next one?? I've seen the mere mention of this song cause people to try and recite the whole thing.

...is just a tad uncalled for :cool: Hmph!

Ok so my husband is right and I must of slept through the 80's. He is going to do the quiz and I know that he is going to do great! I lived in Canada so we did not have MTV which is why I did not do well. That is my story and I am sticking to it!

Okay, this is saaad. I got a 26.5

And of that 26.5, I got one 10-point question correct:

83. Warm smell of
colitas
Rising up through the air

Ok either 1)You've read The Straight Dope or 2)You are a god. Either way 10 points.

That is from one of my all-time favorite songs, though.

In my defense, it's 2 am, I'm exhausted. I bet had I done this tomorrow I would have scored much higher.

I graduated high school in 1983.

Shame on me!

I got a 157.5 but I am a big 80's music buff and my dh calls me "A fountain of useless 80's knowledge" LOL

I then took the 90's quiz and got an 11 :eek:

I completly understand how you feel about both 80s and 90s. I'm afraid to take the 90s one. 1990 was still good, grunge was OK ...

edited.... 14.5 on the 90s.