Menu

Can Sonlight Core 5 - Eastern Hemisphere...

Peso

yes, but it requires a lot of reworking and subbing in an unprecedented (for me) number of books. Im doing it now very successfully and we are enjoying it. Im teaching ages 4-11, barely touching the IG, tossing all but one YWAM missionary story (kept in Eric Liddell for history), watching films galore, adding info on world religions and cooking a lot. Its a blast!

yes, but it requires a lot of reworking and subbing in an unprecedented (for me) number of books. Im doing it now very successfully and we are enjoying it. Im teaching ages 4-11, barely touching the IG, tossing all but one YWAM missionary story (kept in Eric Liddell for history), watching films galore, adding info on world religions and cooking a lot. Its a blast!

:iagree:

My daughter did the program a couple of years ago and loved it, we did a lot of geography and basic history with plenty of fun stuff like origami,and bonsai tree growing.

I love the idea of Core 5. I'm still on the fence as of right now. I would be using it with an 8th grader (He'll be 12 so he's a young 8th grader) and am wondering if I should just get the readers and LA 5 and call it "Eastern Lit" or some such thing. Most of the secular books are the readers.

I love that link--thanks for posting that! I've also looked at Beautiful Feet Geography, and already have Trail Guide. Hmmm... I feel an Eastern Geography and Literature course coming on. With food! This kid is adventurous when it comes to food :D.