Menu

I second secular_mom's suggestions...Here are some other movies we enjoyed, for Bollywood: Just Married, Umrao Jaan, Mujhse Dosti Karoge, The Namesake, Bunty Aur Babli, Parineeta, Dilwale Dulhania Le Jayenge, Devdas & Raincoat...Indie/Foreign: August Rush, Once, La Vie en Rose, The Darjeeling Limited, Outsourced, Gormenghast (LOVED the book!) and Pan's Labyrinth.

oooh Kristine's list sounds awesome. August Rush is sooo good. Well, mostly. LOL. I love the soundtrack. I bet you'll like Everything is Illuminated. That was such a cool, unique movie.

God Grew Tired of Us

The Kite Runner

Kandahar

Here are a couple that are in my queue but haven't seen yet, so they might not be that good, LOL.

The Story of the Weeping Camel

Rabbit-Proof Fence

Born Into Brothels

Children of Heaven

The Children of Huang Shi

Baran

Everything is Illuminated is amazing. I keep a running log of all the movies we see, so here are just a few that got high marks. I enjoy offbeat, small, and some old movies as well...hopefully you will enjoy a few. Sylvia, Ordinary People, Rear Window, The Apartment, anything by Christopher Guest, Shattered Glass, Iris, Before Sunset, The Seventh Seal, The French Connection, Garden State, Danny Deckchair, Gaslight, The Barbarian Invasions,The Sting, The Sea Inside, The Upside of Anger, Off the Map, Mrs. Miniver, Proof, Winter Passing, Gosford Park, Alone in the Wilderness,10 Items or Less,....gosh I could go on and on. I also love The Office (british version) Spaced, all the Poirot series, House, Freaks and Geeks, and Arrested Development, Planet Earth, Blue Planet, and Boston Legal as far as TV series. I have logged over a 1000 movies, tv shows, and documentaries to this point...PM me in the future for further recs if these work out.

I agree: Rabbit Proof Fence was amazing! And August Rush too!

I rented God Grew Tired of Us but wasn't really in the mood for it. I'll get it again.

Some of my recent are:

BBC Sense and Sensibility

John Adams

No Reservations (romance)

The Simple Life of Noah Dearborn (inspirational)

The Secret Life of Bees

Wit

Some other good ones are:

Mrs. Brown

The Queen

Quiz Show

You've Got Mail

We are Marshall

Remains of the Day

Jane Austin stuff

Hitch

The White Countess