Menu

TO DIE for recipe! NOT healthy, NOT vegetarian (shrimp) & NOT low-cal. CHECK IT OUT!!

I figured since I have been boring all of you with healthy, vegetarian recipes (when I post any), it was time to throw yall a bone. ;- )

So, here's one that you would probably make over and over if you knew it wasn't going directly to your thighs!! Really, it's a wonderful dish to serve for a nice dinner, SUPER easy to make, and not a healthy ingredient in the whole thing!!

Shrimp Roban

2 jars alfredo sauce (Classico is a good brand - just be sure it is plain ole' alfredo with nothing added)

1 pint (yep, you read it correctly - that's 16 FULL ounces of HEAVY WHIPPING CREAM)

1 cup green onions

1 T garlic, minced

3-4 T butter

1/2 bottle of Paul Prudhomme's Blackened Redfish Magic (for those of you that may not be able to purchase the Prudhomme variety, opt for the best blackened seasoning you can find)

1/8 t cayenne pepper

Shrimp, sprinkled with some of the Redfish seasoning left in the jar, sauteed in olive oil (this recipe can also be done with diced up chicken breasts cooked the same as the shrimp. Of course, then you'd have to call it, "Chicken Roban," but it still works.

Saute the green onions and garlic in the butter in a pot. Add the alfredo sauce and heat through. Add the whipping cream (I actually divide it into the alfredo sauce jars then cover and shake them to get any additional alfredo sauce from the jars then pour it into the pot). Add the Blackened seasoning & the cayenne. When your shrimp (or chicken if you so desire) are ready, dump them into the pot. Let all simmer a couple of minutes keeping sure it doesn't stick and serve over the pasta of your choice (I like penne or bowties).

I like to serve a salad to lessen the guilt of serving the warm french bread that I use to sop up all the sauce!!

Trust me, you WILL love this!

ENJOY!!

I figured since I have been boring all of you with healthy, vegetarian recipes (when I post any), it was time to throw yall a bone. ;- )

So, here's one that you would probably make over and over if you knew it wasn't going directly to your thighs!! Really, it's a wonderful dish to serve for a nice dinner, SUPER easy to make, and not a healthy ingredient in the whole thing!!

Shrimp Roban

2 jars alfredo sauce (Classico is a good brand - just be sure it is plain ole' alfredo with nothing added)

1 pint (yep, you read it correctly - that's 16 FULL ounces of HEAVY WHIPPING CREAM)

1 cup green onions

1 T garlic, minced

3-4 T butter

1/2 bottle of Paul Prudhomme's Blackened Redfish Magic (for those of you that may not be able to purchase the Prudhomme variety, opt for the best blackened seasoning you can find)

1/8 t cayenne pepper

Shrimp, sprinkled with some of the Redfish seasoning left in the jar, sauteed in olive oil (this recipe can also be done with diced up chicken breasts cooked the same as the shrimp. Of course, then you'd have to call it, "Chicken Roban," but it still works.

Saute the green onions and garlic in the butter in a pot. Add the alfredo sauce and heat through. Add the whipping cream (I actually divide it into the alfredo sauce jars then cover and shake them to get any additional alfredo sauce from the jars then pour it into the pot). Add the Blackened seasoning & the cayenne. When your shrimp (or chicken if you so desire) are ready, dump them into the pot. Let all simmer a couple of minutes keeping sure it doesn't stick and serve over the pasta of your choice (I like penne or bowties).

I like to serve a salad to lessen the guilt of serving the warm french bread that I use to sop up all the sauce!!

Trust me, you WILL love this!

ENJOY!!

Just a note: The best "store-bought" alfredo sauce I've tasted is found at Costco in the section with the refrigerated meal stuff (you know, back near the produce and meats). The brand is Cibo Naturals.