Menu

What is the science written by someone on these boards?

Alison in KY

Well, Ria wrote My World Science, but it's OOP. You can still find it used, tho.

Jenn wrote ourlosbanos "Otter's Curriculum"--it's at their site.

Jessica (Trivium Academy) has some free plans she put together on her blog, and also has some at Lulu (very inexpensive).

Ria's My World Science was secular -- and GOOD! Lots of fun. I'd say on a 2-5/6 grade level depending on what you do with it.

Worth looking for used, IMO. Some of the books the series uses are now OOP, but the library's your best friend on that. :)

From what I remember, some of the recommended books were OOP, and some of the recommended internet links were not good any more, as well. Maybe some of the information was becoming outdated, too, but I'm not sure about that. Ria didn't have the time to update everything, so she just let it go OOP. Lucky for me, I already had two of the guides, then was lucky enough to find the other two on the sale/swap board after she was no longer publishing.

I just wanted to add that we have used Trivium Academy's science plans for the past 2 years and have been very happy with them - especially for the price! Jessica did a great job of putting together very comprehensive plans with lots and lots of great books and even copywork for some of them as well! We tweaked here and there but mostly followed them and have been very pleased! :)