Menu

Curious behavior in my ds8.

My ds8, who is a routine (hate to use the word normal) 8 yr. old boy, has picked up the habit of writing in the air....all the time. It is like you are writing your name in cursive in the air, picture that, while someone is talking to you. He has no problem making eye contact, answering questions or holding a conversation with people of various ages. He just likes to write, usually with his right hand, in the air.

Has anyone else experienced this? Is it a manifestation of some OCD behavior? He probably has a touch of that, we all do don't we?:D

I wish I knew.

At that age, my son played "air piano" all of the time. I got to where if he played a song on my hand, I could guess which song it was.

At that time, he also wore 3 watches on one hand.

He will be 13 next week, and his interesting behaviors just disappeared gradually over time.

I suspect he has just discovered how very strong his visualization skills are, and he enjoys "seeing" whatever he writes while he is talking to you. I would encourage him to do it only when people aren't talking with him, as it can come across as impolite, regardless of his intent.