Menu

Oh my...more mp3s

Now I see that wordmp3.com has the entire ACCS (Association of Classical Christian Schools) set on sale for $69. That's FIFTEEN YEARS of talks about classical education. The ones by George Grant alone are probably worth $69!

Yikes, like I don't have enough to listen to as it is! I have some of these already on cd; I've got to figure out if I NEED these right now.

those, too, but I think the VP ones will keep me busy for a while. At about 50 talks per year, that's over 300 topics, so that should give me enough listening material for almost a year's worth of walking around our neighborhood! ;)

BTW, I'm curious---what is that picture in your avatar? Is that you?

Thanks!

lol. I've also got all those Circe cds to listen to as well. I listen to these mp3s while I'm on the treadmill. It's a whole improving body and mind thing!

The picture is of Flannery O'Connor. You can actually read her name in the photo if you look closely. I took a Major Authors class my Senior year of college and the topic was Flannery O'Connor. I loved her. We also read her essays. She said things about teaching and learning that profoundly changed me. Now--all these years later--when I listen to a lecture on classical education, I often find myself thinking,"That's just what Flannery O'Connor said!" IF you don't know who she is, you owe it to yourself to find out. She was a brilliant Southern writer who was a devout and sincere Christian. I'll warn you that she's not easy sometimes, but she's always brilliant. She deliberately wrote stories about God's grace intervening in people's lives and sometimes it's not pretty.