Menu

When does the Stimulus take effect?

Not trying to discuss the stimulus AT ALL. I just can't seem to find out when it takes effect. My friend's dh had the adjustment on his check this week, and so did my ex husband...however, my dh did not. :(

And please please please please please please please do not discuss the actual stimulus at all - I definitely don't want this to be a political thread...just an informational one. LOL

My dh hasn't got it, but I am just assuming his boss doesn't know to adjust the tax withholding. His boss is not the brightest accounting guy on the block. While I could really use the extra $100 right now - I will be just as happy to get an extra lump sum back when we do our taxes next year. I am probably way more likely to apply it to something better than if I get it a little at a time.

Hmmm....that could explain why dh's check was a bit larger last pay period. We don't receive pay stubs here (all electronic, grrrr) but it was nominal so I didn't wonder to check. I think it was about $45. We live in the desert southwest in case the gov't is implimenting the plan in stages. I honestly haven't heard much about it.

There was a stimulus???

I never see a paystub and dh's hours, per diem, etc varies from month to month so I would never have a clue. The only time that I have a clue is when I do the taxes and he gives me the W-2. :001_huh:

Although, I did just receive a letter that he increased his retirement percentage so he would probably only do this when I wouldn't notice.