Menu

So, we're over the high fevers, scorching throats, and severe hacking, but when

will the fatigue go away? Everyone in the house is pretty much over the flu. I came down with it on Friday, but I've muddled through ok, I'm just tired. Really, really tired. It's lunch time now and all I can think is, 'Oh, good. Now I can put the littles down and take a nap.' We are going to spend this week taking it easy and getting back to normal slowly, but when will the weak feeling and constant fatigue go away? I hate feeling well enough to be up and around doing things, but being too weak/tired to actually get them done! :(

will the fatigue go away? Everyone in the house is pretty much over the flu. I came down with it on Friday, but I've muddled through ok, I'm just tired. Really, really tired. It's lunch time now and all I can think is, 'Oh, good. Now I can put the littles down and take a nap.' We are going to spend this week taking it easy and getting back to normal slowly, but when will the weak feeling and constant fatigue go away? I hate feeling well enough to be up and around doing things, but being too weak/tired to actually get them done! :(

but we started in with the flu on the first. Dh & I were talking last night about how tired we both still are.

I can't help you with when you'll all be feeling normal again, but I do know that after a bout of serious sickness it really helps my family to load up on immune boosting vitamins/food.

I usually try to get the kids to take extra acidophilus, vitamin C and loads of fruits and veggies. When I don't do this, I find that we tend to get sick with something else b/c our immune systems have taken such a beating. Also, avoiding as much processed foods and simple sugars should help a bit with getting better faster.

Hope you all make a speedy recovery!

We have been taking turns being sick since Jan. Saturday my 6yo TOOK A NAP?!? That kid doesn't sleep during the day. Sure enough today my 8yo laid his head down on the table and stared at the wall. No one is sick just exhausted.

I want a nap now. This day is going to require coffee.

Blessings,

Christyzzzzzzzzzzz

ps. I am loading people up on vitamins, fruit, veggies and extra rest. This too shall pass.

I got sick on Saturday evening, the 16th. By Thursday, I was able to leave the house and take ds to ballet, but I came home feeling totally worn out. By Saturday I took a walk with the kids, and I felt great while doing it, but then I needed a nap, lol.

I'm still not 100% energy-wise (though I can get by), and I won't be surprised at all if it takes me the rest of the week to recover completely. I'm also still coughing and have a fair amount of nasty muck in my head and lungs -- but I feel *worlds* better than I did a week ago, so I don't dare complain. ;)

Just don't strain yourself -- I know I was annoyed with myself by day 5 or 6 and I wanted to "catch back up" on all the things I'd missed doing. I'm convinced though that if I had tried, I would have ended up just as sick as I was at the beginning of the week... It's frustrating, but try to focus on eating fresh foods and getting plenty of rest so you don't relapse.