Menu

Help with history

sted

Help! I'm so confused. I'm looking for the a program to make history more exciting for my children as well as integrate as much LA as I can with it. It seems we don;t get around to history much this year and when we do it's not very exciting. We're in the middle of Canadian History (we're Canadians) and we basically have been reading a spine and doing some notebooking. We have added some historical fiction which has helped but it's hard to find for Canadian History. Next year is American History and I want to spice it up (for me and my children) and perhaps do some hands-on and definately require more assigned historical fiction because my kids like them. Here's what I've considered so far: Sonlight 3+4, Winterpromise American Story I or Heart of Dakota Bigger Program. Currently I'm leaning to HOD or Winterpromise. I like how HOD integrates some of it's LA and history (and science) but I also like the Time Traveller's Sets with Winterpromise. One thought I had was ordering HOD and adding TT with it for my older daughter. Or maybe Sonlight and TT. Yikes, which program should I go for????