Menu

Curriculum for Health?

momtolgd

I have workbook pages from McGraw Hill's Complete Book of Science and also another Health workbook that I'm going to incorporate into my human body studies next year.

Also, Dole 5 A Day program on the internet has lots of free printables and downloadable stuff for studying nutrition from the standpoint of getting proper fruit and vegetable servings. They used to have a yearly recipe contest, etc., too. I believe it's for grades K or 1 through 5 or 6.....

Regena

This is so funny, I was just working on this today! I think I have an Abeka book from a garage sale, if not, I'm goign to pick up teh R&S book for my 2nd grader. As I remember, health was rather lame. I think we're goign to sort of zoom through it over the summer.

We, also, have used Abeka for Health, thus far. My boys seem to really enjoy it.

Although, I have to say that I have been trying to find a sample page or two of a curriculum called Growing, Growing Strong. It is a whole health curriculum for young children. Wondering if anyone else has ever used it??