Menu

Another happy admission story!!!

Kelli in TN

What a great sub-board!!!

Okay, I already announced this on the general board some time back, but since we have this spiffy new place I feel I should repeat myself.

Sarah was selected for an advanced honors program at the college she has chosen. Only 56 students were at the competition weekend, they were invited based on test scores and grades. They were invited to first submit an application with resume, various letters of rec.,etc. and then to attend the competition weekend. The competition weekend consisted of interviews, timed essays, group discussions and in general being watched at all times by the student members and the faculty advisors. It seemed like such long shot, Sarah barely had the test score and grades to be invited to compete, most of the kids there had taken AP classes and had class ranks and higher GPA's and ACT's. There are only 15 slots, what were the odds?

When Sarah got the phone call inviting her to join the University Scholars the honors director, who makes all of these calls personally, told her that he was glad to see a homeschooler selected. He said that homeschoolers are seldomly selected. He also commented on the detailed account of Sarah's high school that I had submitted and was glad to see my inspiration was WTM because he and his wife are homeschooling their young boys using WTM. He was glad to meet Sarah and see what the final result could be!!

That's my college admission story!!!

• 2 years later...
Wow, I hadn't noticed! Generally old threads don't get resurrected as often on the college board, so I don't usually check... Thanks for bringing it to our attention (for those of us who aren't so attuned to details that is).

I believe it was a spammer who resurrected it - there was a post yesterday, just before Great White North's, but now it's deleted.