Menu

Raven and CogAT practice tests online?

BabyBre

You won't find a practice book. The Raven Progressive Matrices is an iq test that you are supposed to take without preparation. Whoever is doing the testing will give example problems and make sure that your kids know what to do. I think Cogat is an iq test, too. I don't know for sure on that one. But I don't think you are going to find any information.

I did find one for the CogAT online, along with some sample problems, but almost nothing for the Raven.

Dc's ps uses these tests to qualify kids for their gifted program. While I see that preparing for an IQ test may defeat the purpose, I'm desperate for a more challenging situation for my dc (and fighting against certain restraints that prevent me from homeschooling full-time or switching schools). Trying to get ds's teacher to challenge him is like walking through quicksand and he's growing more and more bored and negative about school already (he's in 1st grade!). Only the top 3% of kids are accepted into the gifted program, so I want them to score as high as possible.