Menu

It's hot in Texas, and I don't just mean the politics . . .

Here is today's forecast from weatherunderground:

Mostly sunny. Windy...warmer. Highs in the lower 90s. West winds 25 to 35 mph with gusts to around 45 mph.

I am so tired of winter that I can't even express it. Maybe this heat wave will get me through until spring arrives for real! I knew today was supposed to be 'warmer', but I thought 'warmer' meant low 80s -- I didn't realize we were supposed to get into the 90s! It's still February!

(Makes me wish I were a gardener. Unfortunately, I would have no idea where to start!)

My body just does NOT do well with wild temperature swings. We have our fair share here in MD, but not quite as extreme as that!

As for gardening, why not get yourself some big clay pots and buy some lettuce plants and maybe some potted nasturtium? You'll need to keep them well watered through whatever this winter is you're having, but they'll make your salads spectacular and just might give you the "bug" for something bigger by summertime.

Doran

We must be experiencing a cool front because our high is only 82.

We do plant a garden each year, but even though the weather is great now, there's still a chance of a freeze which would kill it off. Therefore, we generally wait until late March or early April to plant. Last year we got caught though. We planted tomatoes the last week of March, and it snowed on Easter (April 7th). So we waited a week and planted them again. Sometimes it's just a guessing game.

Our high here is supposed to be 86.

*Somebody please mention to my DH that we really need to hurry up and get our new van! He's dragging his feet, and the AC went out on our current minivan*

Not to mention the fact that having only ONE car is causing some serious strain on the kids and I.

We have the $$ owed to us, he just has to fill out the paperwork.

We must be experiencing a cool front because our high is only 82.

yeah... I'm still feeling kinda cool myself. 80* is just starting to feel *NORMAL*!!! I'm anxiously waiting for 90....... Lizard woman here, lol.

DFW is just too cold for too long for me.

I miss San Antonio! :sniff sniff:

I can't quite wrap my head around those temps in February. I might have to come down there and see for myself.......;)

Come on down. I have plenty of room for you :D

Although, after our record high yesterday, we might have a record low tonight. Go figure.