Menu

Any cons to Growing with Grammar?

apCrazy4Jesus

Does anyone have negative things to say about GWG or do you completely love the curriculum?

My 9yo has been doing Bob Jones English for 2nd and 3rd grade. I was wanting to give him a little break by implement something a little layed back for 4th grade. I am leaning towards GWG mostly, but also considering Daily Grams or FLL4. Any suggestions?

Thanks for your input,

Adrienne

For some reason, my dd didn't seem to retain what she was learning with GWG. I'm not sure why! It was easy for her and maybe she didn't retain because it didn't require as much effort to complete?? We went back to R & S, which seems like a much stronger program too.

None here! I think it's been a great program for my dds who are using grades 1 & 4. I plan to continue with the program.

I guess you should beware that there is little writing in the program, which is fine for us because I want my girls to use WWE now. I'm one of those strange people, I guess, who *likes* the language arts components to be separate so that I can choose the best ones for my kids in each area. Some people prefer an all-in-one language art program, though.

None here! I think it's been a great program for my dds who are using grades 1 & 4. I plan to continue with the program.

I guess you should beware that there is little writing in the program, which is fine for us because I want my girls to use WWE now. I'm one of those strange people, I guess, who *likes* the language arts components to be separate so that I can choose the best ones for my kids in each area. Some people prefer an all-in-one language art program, though.

:iagree: ...with everything, except we have used 1 and are on 2 now but I will use 3 next year as well as 1. I agree with the writing. *I* don't think there is that much and we are using WWE as well as IEW.

I looked at the beginning levels and thought my dd capable of learning more at that point, so we went with Rod and Staff. I'm realizing now that rigor isn't always all it's cracked up to be. I still think GWG is too light, but I do wish she liked grammar more, and I wonder if I had used something light, like GWG, if she'd express more interest in it.