Menu

Free trial membership available to HSLDA

I received this e-alert from HSLDA today. Apparently, you can join for free under a trial membership right now, for a short time frame of 2 months to see what the organization is like and whether or not it is for you. I thought this might interest some of you. The text of the e-mail is in the quote below...the link is to the trial membership application.

Dear HSLDA member family,

Parental rights are under attack. If you’ve been reading our emails for very long, you’ve seen it too: parents face an ongoing challenge to their ability to direct the upbringing of their children. HSLDA has done much to secure educational freedoms for homeschoolers. But our work is not done. Therefore, we are asking you to recommend HSLDA to your homeschooling friends.

Right now we are making it easy for them to experience the benefits of HSLDA membership—for free! If they join between now and April 30, approved applicants will be granted a free membership good through July 31, 2009. They do not need to send payment and there’s no commitment. But this is an opportunity for them to see how committed we area to securing their right to homeschool and to do so successfully.

This offer for a free membership is short. The opportunity to sign up extends only through April 30! So please don’t delay in forwarding this offer to them. Of course, we will give them an opportunity to renew for continued benefits after this trial membership period is over.

We remain willing and able to protect the legal right to homeschool. We also know that homeschooling can be challenging. That’s why we’re able to help with both legal and practical homeschooling needs.

Please accept my invitation to forward this email on to your friends and give them an opportunity to “test drive†HSLDA.

Thank you for your support. Together we can make a difference!

Sincerely,

J. Michael Smith

President

https://app.hslda.org/hslda/TrialApplication.aspx

Thank you! I have been intending to join anyway, so this is a great start!

Quick question -- what did you fill in for the question, "During what hours will this person be involved in teaching? E.g., 9 AM–5 PM?" We don't have a set schedule, where we start at 9:00 every day and end at noon (or whatever,) so I wasn't sure what to say. Also, I said that DH teaches 10% of the time, but it's not on a regular schedule, so again, I didn't know what to enter on the form. (I saved the form to finish later, in the hope that someone will have some ideas for me!)

Thanks!

Cat

Thank you! I have been intending to join anyway, so this is a great start!

Quick question -- what did you fill in for the question, "During what hours will this person be involved in teaching? E.g., 9 AM–5 PM?" We don't have a set schedule, where we start at 9:00 every day and end at noon (or whatever,) so I wasn't sure what to say. Also, I said that DH teaches 10% of the time, but it's not on a regular schedule, so again, I didn't know what to enter on the form. (I saved the form to finish later, in the hope that someone will have some ideas for me!)

Thanks!

Cat

I just put in normal school hours. IMO, they don't care what hours you are schooling...only want some basic sort of idea in case you ever get one of those "why aren't you in school?" visits. As for DH...I believe I put that I was the only teacher, since DH teaches only occasionally. Again, my impression is that they just want a basic idea...they are well aware that homeschooling is flexible and changes day to day.