Menu

Any experience w/magazine subscription discounters?

My sister has purchased several subs off of ebay. Don't know if she's used the same seller, but it was outrageously inexpensive and though they took a while to start arriving - they did show up in her mailbox. She was getting 3 years for less than the original cost of one year. I don't know how they can offer such deals.

I love, LOVE the idea of magazines in my mailbox. But it seems I never get to them. I've been receiving Family Fun for free for several years and I can't even get through that! Sad, I know.

Oooh, I didn't think of E-bay. I should have--it's my husband's favorite shopping place!

I just gave away YEARS of Family Fun to several friends. I could never get around to them, either! Now, my homeschooling magazines...those I make time for!

Thanks again, Laura!

Chelle

I usually find good deals on the cards inside of magazines. I check out the grocery aisle or B&N for the magazines I want, and remove one of the subscription cards. They always have several so I am not concerned about limiting the purchasers options.

Some magazines also have educational discounts. The educational discount on the Economist magazine is the difference between $121 and $77 per year!

I also google discount codes to put into the publishers website to get deals. Cricket magazine sent out a $6 discount coupon last week to subscribers, so I would expect to find a $6 discount online if you look for it.

I ordered through magazines.com via ebates and received something like 25% back but it looks like this has ended. Not all magazines are cheap there though; you can occasionally find some better deals. I've found some good deals on the website for the magazine, like one year free or $5 / yr.

Here's a place that compares all the magazine discounter's prices, special offers and coupons on various subscription lengths:

http://www.magazinepricesearch.com/

I just used them and ordered from Best Deal Magazines, Surplus Mags, Magazine Line and Amazon. I've ordered from most of them in the past and never had any trouble. Magazine subscriptions seem to have almost disappeared from ebay because of all the scams.