Menu

What's with the ads?

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Quick Reply vs. Post Reply

I just found the different ways to view a thread - these message boards were the first I ever used - can someone tell me the proper way to respond to the OP vs. if you're replying to a particular post in the thread?

I just found the different ways to view a thread - these message boards were the first I ever used - can someone tell me the proper way to respond to the OP vs. if you're replying to a particular post in the thread?

Test 4

Test 4

The only way I've ever figured out to reply to the OP is go back to the first page....I'm sure there is a better way when I'm on page 20 of a thread and want to post a reply to the topic in a general sense and not tag on or quote a recent poster.

Does that make sense? I hope you figure it out...and then tell me. :)

My own test....

Hey I might have figured it out! If you hit Quick reply you will be replying to the OP.

Scarlett's test...I clicked on QP and the option of 'quote message in reply.'

Scarlett's test...I clicked on QP and the option of 'quote message in reply.'

Wow!!! That worked! It quoted the OP's first post! So cool. Ahhh...the things that can make my day....:D

QR goes under whoever's post you push the button of. PR seemed to go both places ? Quoting will put you under the "quotees" post. I don't know why some of you like this way better :D

Oh well!

Wow!!! That worked! It quoted the OP's first post! So cool. Ahhh...the things that can make my day....:D

Ohhhh...you're funny. I like you, Scarlett. ;)

Test to see where this one goes....I hit 'post reply at the bottom of the page....

Edited: It only went under the last post....not the OP too.