Menu

How many of you homeschool year 'round?

I have to honestly say, I hadn't thought about taking a "school break" before. We have a weekly schedule and we follow it regardless of the season and just take breaks for specific reasons (visiting Grandma on a holiday, traveling overseas, illness, etc.). But my kids both really like "school" so they would never think to have a break from it.

When they're older and attending a local co-op they will have off during the summer.

Thank you all for your info. I think we are not going to stop "schooling" when summer gets here this year. It seems like there are always sudden days or several days that, for one reason or another, school just doesn't get done. Or if it does, it's only because I have had to fight to get it dine. Then at the end of that day, I wonder if anybody really learned anything.?. I am really liking the thought of going year round and being able to take off the days or weeks that we just can't focus.

Thank you all! I don't feel so "alone" with this anymore.