Menu

Way off topic but I just had to say, Karenciavo I miss your old avatar.

LOL. Thank you.

I changed it because someone emailed me and basically called me a know nothing with a know it all attitude and that my avatar was part of my charade. When I tried to respond to that person via email it bounced back to me, I'm assuming they set up a free account just for me. :D I thought the least I could do since they went to all that trouble was change my avatar, especially since I think of myself more as a mom with 3 adorable boys than as a wise sage. My plan was to change my avatar every few weeks, just to keep'em guessing. ;) I kind of miss Galadriel too, I lifted the avatar from the Old Schoolhouse forums.

That's awful. I do think of you as a wise sage but it is because of all your wonderful resources, advice and inspiring blog!

I agree with Lizzie, you suit Galadrial in so many ways. It makes no difference if you change your avatar, it will symbolise wisdom whatever the image.

Kind thoughts,

Lorna

LOL. Thank you.

I changed it because someone emailed me and basically called me a know nothing with a know it all attitude and that my avatar was part of my charade. When I tried to respond to that person via email it bounced back to me, I'm assuming they set up a free account just for me. :D I thought the least I could do since they went to all that trouble was change my avatar, especially since I think of myself more as a mom with 3 adorable boys than as a wise sage. My plan was to change my avatar every few weeks, just to keep'em guessing. ;) I kind of miss Galadriel too, I lifted the avatar from the Old Schoolhouse forums, I think Kate in CA's husband designed it.

A what? With a WHAT??!

What kind of idiots are on this forum, anyway? You are good people, Karenciavo. Don't let the youknowwhos get you down.

Or I could lend you my Icy Rectal Thermometer of Retribution. (I keep it in an insulated fanny pack.) We'll track down their ISP and get 'em when they're least expecting it.

I liked your avatar also, and I do think of you as a wise sage!! But, I am kinda curious about what you really look like.

Two things made me LOL in this thread:

1. my Icy Rectal Thermometer of Retribution! (Good one, Pam)

2. I shall shun them! (That is a phrase not used nearly enough!!)

I'm repping you all just for good measure!! :-)

Karen, don't you dare change anything else!!!!!

I can't help it, anything LOTR makes me smile. I think karenciavo post and the wisdom of the ages of Galadrial just sort of melds with it.

I love all things LOTR and also really liked your avatar. It seemed to fit you well, and I have gotten such help from you, particularly regarding TOG. And I, too, would keep it out of spite! :p

You know, now I have seen everything. That is just completely ridiculous. I can't believe that someone would go to the trouble of making up an email account just to annoy the least pompous person on this board. Seriously. hair-030.gif

Well, considering all that, you can keep the scary eyed lady. I can handle it. (I still like the baby better! :D)

Karen,

I love your posts, too. I tell my husband I want to be Karenciavo when I grow up. AND you're from NJ; what more could a person want? All I can say is...some people!

I'm blushing, you guys are so encouraging. :o

I was actually going to add "even though I think we're about the same age." What I really meant was "emotionally grow up" !

secret.gifI'm 43