Menu

Real Science 4 Kids - Level 2 Chemistry

We started it but didn't get very far because we hadn't used the Chem Level 1. That would have been extremely helpful. It became too complex for my 6th grader although he enjoyed it. It is well written and consistent with that level but doing Level 1 would have done the trick.

Sorry, can't help much on this.

Sylvia

We started it but didn't get very far because we hadn't used the Chem Level 1. That would have been extremely helpful. It became too complex for my 6th grader although he enjoyed it. It is well written and consistent with that level but doing Level 1 would have done the trick.

Sorry, can't help much on this.

Sylvia

I appreciate your feedback though! :)

Warmly,

Kate

I ordered this today, because my 8th grade dd who is currently doing physical science by Oak Meadow, loves chemistry and I wanted to get something more indepth.

Have you seen the samples http://www.arn.org/arnproducts/rs4k/rs230.htm

We used Chem level one yrs ago. From what I remember you do one chapter of reading spread over the week and the lab following that. It's written in a very straightforward manner, without any fluff. I believe you could do the reading in 2 days and the lab on the 3rd. Each lab had a formal write up.

HTH some, it does look good for a intro during 8th grade maybe before taking official chemistry.

Michelle in AL

I ordered this today, because my 8th grade dd who is currently doing physical science by Oak Meadow, loves chemistry and I wanted to get something more indepth.

Have you seen the samples http://www.arn.org/arnproducts/rs4k/rs230.htm

We used Chem level one yrs ago. From what I remember you do one chapter of reading spread over the week and the lab following that. It's written in a very straightforward manner, without any fluff. I believe you could do the reading in 2 days and the lab on the 3rd. Each lab had a formal write up.

HTH some, it does look good for a intro during 8th grade maybe before taking official chemistry.

Michelle in AL

Thanks for the link. That is really what I wanted to know - when it might *best* be used. I knew it was a Jr. High program, but I was not sure if it was possible to use this for formal chem, but it does not sound/look like it is at all.

Thank you!

Kate