Menu

Explore waiting?

KAR120C

Is anyone else waiting for Explore scores? I know a couple of January testers have theirs (arrived yesterday or today), but they all tested through different organizations - RMTS or C-MITES, and we used CTD.

Just getting impatient!!! :D

Well, I should say "I'm waiting." My son seems uninterested and impervious. It could be a front, of course.

I'm not actually expecting too much. This was his first experience with outside-the-house testing, and I'm sure he was not as focused as he might have been. He's a social guy, and all he could talk about when I picked him up was the kids he met during the breaks.

But I'm curious, nonetheless . . .

Well, I should say "I'm waiting." My son seems uninterested and impervious. It could be a front, of course.

I'm not actually expecting too much. This was his first experience with outside-the-house testing, and I'm sure he was not as focused as he might have been. He's a social guy, and all he could talk about when I picked him up was the kids he met during the breaks.

But I'm curious, nonetheless . . .

This is actually DS's third year (and probably his last... unless he completely bombs it, he's getting close to the upper limit of the test for math and science at least). The first year he couldn't have cared less, but he's slightly interested now. We tested at a Duke TIP location (not through Duke though) and they gave away little promotional trinkets -- highlighters and whatnot and THAT was all he cared about! LOL

I know in the end I don't put a whole lot of stock in the scores... partly because we homeschool and I really do know what he can do (so it's not like I'm counting on the test to tell me!) and partly because I know what his performance has been on this test in the past, so if it's wildly different this time it won't really be believable. But it's fun to have all the score distributions and stats to play with! ;)

My dd took the Explore test on 2/21 through Duke. We have to wait 6 - 8 weeks.

...And that about drove me nuts!! Just because the January testers all get their results right at the beginning of the February wait! But on the other hand, it seems that the February wait is a little shorter -- maybe 5-6 weeks instead of 6-8.

Hope it flies by!

We got our results on Monday. DS (11), took it in January for the first time, and the results came, along with a brochure from RMTS in the mail, too. Because it's his first time taking this test, we're still trying to decipher the scores and decide if he did well, or just O.K. He did well enough to qualify for the RMTS summer programs. Also, the programs at RMTS look really great, but wow! expensive! Unfortunately, I don't think it's in the budget this year, but we'll look for some things locally for the summer.

We got our results on Monday. DS (11), took it in January for the first time, and the results came, along with a brochure from RMTS in the mail, too. Because it's his first time taking this test, we're still trying to decipher the scores and decide if he did well, or just O.K. He did well enough to qualify for the RMTS summer programs. Also, the programs at RMTS look really great, but wow! expensive! Unfortunately, I don't think it's in the budget this year, but we'll look for some things locally for the summer.

That's now two RMTS's on Monday and two C-MITES on Tuesday.... I wonder if they were mailed in batches like that? (But I'm only wondering long enough to keep myself entertained until they get here - then I won't care anymore! LOL)

Nothing today....

Congratulations on qualifying for the summer programs! I agree the expense is a little steep for some of those -- I've not looked at RMTS specifically, but the talent search summer programs in general can be pricy! And it's hard for me to justify spending that much when I could use it to buy curriculum and do it at home....

I got all excited when I read here that some folks were starting to get their kids' results, but it's been a week and we're STILL waiting. I'm trying really hard not to let my impatience show, but my son--who seemed almost uninterested in the concept of results--has now started talking about it, too.

I know we're still in the 6-8 week window, but the suspense is killing me!

I got all excited when I read here that some folks were starting to get their kids' results, but it's been a week and we're STILL waiting. I'm trying really hard not to let my impatience show, but my son--who seemed almost uninterested in the concept of results--has now started talking about it, too.

I know we're still in the 6-8 week window, but the suspense is killing me!

We did get ours! It was last week Thursday... you could call them if you're concerned, since 4-6 is the "official" time line...