Menu

I need a name for our school

Good morning guys! I am about to start home daycare again (maybe sitting for another hs-er?) and I want a name for our school. Wanna help?

I live in suburbia in a cookie cutter type house.

There is a nice (man-made) lake across the street.

Every stinking house on the street (except mine!) has a huge oak tree that drops tons of acorns every yr.

We are almost 100% LCC in our schooling (in case that matters).

We have 2 cats and a ton of wild bird friends. Especially a lovely pair of cardinals who I believe have lived here for a few yrs! (& we live in St. Louis home of the baseball cardinals)

Any ideas? You guys are so creative! I know you can do it!

Thanks so so so much,

Christy

In NC, you can't change the name of your school so this is really important.

The story someone told me was that they let 4 yo name the school - Power Rangers Academy. Then homeschooled all the way through. Imagine this 18 yo's embarrassment when he graduated from Power Ranger Academy. OR what did the colleges think when they received a transcript from Power Ranger Academy.

All I'm saying is to think down the road!

Wild Birds Academy

Two Cardinals Academy

School of __________ (what's the name of that lake?)

Otoh, what are the chances you'll move? Mine are guaranteed, so I don't want to name ours after our living space, even though I *could* change the name.

Is this a requirement for your state, or just for fun?

Happy naming!

I feel sorry for that kid! Who'd have thought?!

No, I am in St. Louis, MO and we do not have to keep the name. I am naming it so that way when I do daycare I have a name for the entire program. It willl cover pre-K to 12th so I didn't want anything cutsey.

I love some of the ideas so far!

Thanks,

Christy

In NC, you can't change the name of your school so this is really important.

The story someone told me was that they let 4 yo name the school - Power Rangers Academy. Then homeschooled all the way through. Imagine this 18 yo's embarrassment when he graduated from Power Ranger Academy. OR what did the colleges think when they received a transcript from Power Ranger Academy.

All I'm saying is to think down the road!

That it too funny, of course not for the graduate but funny! Ours is generic but with moving I want to change!