Menu

What's with the ads?

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

marsha617

Saxon Math 3 meeting book - Do I really need it???

I am making my purchases for next year. I am wondering if I really need this book. I didn't use 1st or 2nd grade too much. Is Math 3 any different? I thought maybe I could save myself $11.00! Any comments?

Marsha

I've never used the meeting books so much and my oldest dd is now successfully doing Math 6/5 quite well. My ds is in Math 1, again I am not using the meeting book, but what I did was print off calendar pages I found online. We stapled them together so the he can have a calendar to do the dates and the patterns on. That's it, and it works for us.

We used Saxon in 2nd and 3rd for some kids.

The meeting book was one of their more favorite parts of the day.

They could see their progress -- it was quick and easy. They liked it.

It's certainly not expensive, although I don't really see used clean copies very often for sale on the boards.

That's our experience, anyway.

But, if you won't use it, that's another story. Your call.

I'm looking at the meeting book now. I bought the entire set and it was included. IMHO you could definitely skip it. Contents: Blank calendar pages to number for the date and temp. each day, rhyme about how many days in each month and picture using hands to determine, birthday graph pages, number words chart(blank), measurement abbreviations chart(blank) and blank counting strips.

SUBSCRIBE TO OUR NEWSLETTER & RECEIVE A COUPON FOR
10% OFF
We respect your privacy.You’ll hear about new products, special discounts & sales, and homeschooling tips. *Coupon only valid for first-time registrants. Coupon cannot be combined with any other offer. Entering your email address makes you eligible to receive future promotional emails.
0 Shares
Tweet
Pin