Menu

Which Verizon phone should I get?

Which of these phones do you like best?  

1. 1. Which of these phones do you like best?

• LG enV 2
    • LG Dare
    • LG Voyager
    • other (Please make suggestions-- must be Verizon.)

I need to upgrade to a new Verizon cell phone. My current phone is an LG and I've really liked it, but it's wearing out. I'd prefer an LG -- I really don't want a Motorola, and I don't care for Samsung either. I'd prefer a QWERTY keyboard, but I don't want one that slides out; I'd rather have one that flips open, or a touchscreen.

The 3 LG phones I'm considering are:

LG enV 2

LG Voyager

LG Dare

ETA: I wound up getting the Voyager. It's a little heavier than I had hoped, but it feels good in my hand. The other two felt like I was talking on a calculator. I like the fact that the Voyager has both touch screen and QWERTY keyboard. I was afraid I wouldn't like the Dare because it was all touchscreen, and the enV 2 didn't have touchscreen at all. So the Voyager seemed like a good compromise.

Edited by ereks mom

I need to upgrade to a new Verizon cell phone. My current phone is an LG and I've really liked it, but it's wearing out. I'd prefer an LG -- I really don't want a Motorola, and I don't care for Samsung either. I'd prefer a QWERTY keyboard, but I don't want one that slides out; I'd rather have one that flips open, or a touchscreen.

The 3 LG phones I'm considering are:

LG enV 2

LG Voyager

LG Dare

What are the pros and cons of each?

Go to CNet and search for them. You'll get an excellent editor's review of each, as well as reviews from real users. Then you need to go to the store and hold them in your hand and to your ear before you purchase, even if you are going to order it online. A cell phone is a terrible thing to hate. I got one I hated once and cursed it every time I opened it.

Barb

I LOVE my EnV2! I have nothing bad to say about it at all. One small issue may be that where we are *everyone has them...but you can get different cases to make yours different. The EnV2 does not have any touch screen, but that is ok with me. My last phone was a Chocolate. The Chocolate had some parts to it that was touch activated, and it could be a pain sometimes...so I did not want a phone that was *only touch screen...which I think the Dare is.

I thought about the Voyager...it is only touch screen on the outside with QWERTY buttons on the inside. My main issue with the Voyager is that it is HUGE!

I just bought my daughter a new phone for her birthday. Of all three...she chose the EnV2 as well. A couple of her friends has the Dare and Voyager...and Chaney did not like using their phones at all.

I LOVE my EnV2! I have nothing bad to say about it at all. One small issue may be that where we are *everyone has them...but you can get different cases to make yours different. The EnV2 does not have any touch screen, but that is ok with me. My last phone was a Chocolate. The Chocolate had some parts to it that was touch activated, and it could be a pain sometimes...so I did not want a phone that was *only touch screen...which I think the Dare is.

I thought about the Voyager...it is only touch screen on the outside with QWERTY buttons on the inside. My main issue with the Voyager is that it is HUGE!

I just bought my daughter a new phone for her birthday. Of all three...she chose the EnV2 as well. A couple of her friends has the Dare and Voyager...and Chaney did not like using their phones at all.

:001_smile:

I got the Dare this past August because I didn't need bluetooth and I'd read reviews at cnet that it was as close to the iPhone as you could get. I would rather have gotten the iPhone but it wasn't available where we were going.

I'm still loving my phone, especially because the clarity is excellent and I can hear so much better on it than any of the others I've tried. I love the qwerty touch keyboard for texting, too. I think it depends on what you're going to use the most. I don't use the camera too often ... I like zoom on a camera! I like being able to surf the web if I'm sitting somewhere waiting and can't get engrossed in a book. I agree with Barb F's suggestions. Have fun and good luck!

And spend time there playing with all the phones, holding them, asking questions, etc. They should have them all functioning and play with all the functions. Look at the screen, layout, etc.

I didn't vote since I don't have Verizon but a couple weeks ago, I spent 2 hours in the phone store trying to decide on a new phone.

I LOVE my EnV2! I have nothing bad to say about it at all.

:iagree: I considered the Dare and the EnV2. The deciding factor for me was that I didn't plan to use internet on the phone, and the Verizon required the upgraded internet service for the Dare. (That may have been limited to my area and the time--last summer).

I really like the EnV2. It works well, and the QWERTY keys are large enough that I don't have too many misstrikes. My dd has a touch screen and hates it for texting.