Menu

Where can you get personalized car magnets for ex. baseball with player's name?

We're playing rec ball again this year and so the "FUNDRAISING" has began. I just had to chuckle to myself (after the thread the other dayabout people asking for money so their kids can do things) the other night after practice when the coach began talking about "getting sponsors" to help with the cost of uniforms. Before, "sponsors" received advertising space on a sign on the fence. But now, "Just ask them for money. We won't be doing the sign again, but that's ok. People really just want to help the kids.":glare:

After thinking more about it, I called the coach this morning and told him WE wouldn't be just asking people for money (which I believe the term is "begging", "pan-handling", etc.). I wanted my two boys on the team to EARN their extra money for the uniforms. I explained I don't want to further foster this idea of entitlement, "We need new uniforms, so please give us some money." He understood and asked for ideas.

Of course, I had none, never done any fund-raising 'til now. But, I've been on the 'net and came across some ideas. Another thing with me, is I want to keep is close to the team. I don't want to be bothering some lady outside Kroger or Target or going door-to-door harrassing people to by wares from my children.

I have always wanted one of those magnets for the various times we've done sports, so maybe if all the parents each bought and grand-parents if they so desire, it could be a nice amount. I just have no idea where to get them or what a good price is. I've found a couple of sites, but I don't know if its a good price.

Has anyone ever done the magnets for your children? Any other ideas that would raise money just targeting team members' families?

Thanks!

Kim

We had some fun fundraisers with Applebees restaurant. We did a morning pancake breakfast where we sold tickets for $5 and then people came in for a breakfast buffet. It was nice and raised several hundred dollars in a few hours. Applebees donated the labor of their employees, restaurant and food.

Sweet Tomatoes will do some fundraisers too. It may be worth your time to call around and see what opprotunities like these are available in your area.

Try http://www.VistaPrint.com or Oriental Trading Company. They might have something like that.

Another idea...do you have an Usborne Rep nearby? Usborne has a fundraising program (Reach for the Stars) where kids get sponsors/donations for reading X number of minutes a day for 2 weeks. Part of the funds raised go to the kids in the form of books and part of the funds go to the organization. Your Usborne rep can fill you in.

Just a thought.

The fundraiser is for uniforms?

Why not just have each family buy their kid his own uniform? Why have a fundraiser at all?

The age group is 11-12, the uniforms get a little pricier and this is the age where they start wanting to look a little sharper than just the plain T. I guess it would also go toward trophies, banquet, etc. But, my thought is we should stay within what our families can afford or allow the boys to earn their money. We're just in a really rural area and quite honestly, a poor one. Last year we played teams from the "other side" of the county and some of them look like mini Major Leaguers with their fancier uniforms, matching bat bags and all! Of course, it didn't seem to bother the boys, but you still want to look good! I guess we're more of the "Bad News Bears"!:tongue_smilie:

Thanks for the other ideas ladies!

Blessings,

Kim