Menu

I'm mixed up between WWE and FLL......

Shasta Mom

I haven't used WWE yet. I plan to next year. We use FLL 1+2 and it takes about 5 min to do.

:iagree:We do FLL and it is good to start grammar early--not because they should master the terminology or be able to identify nouns and verbs, but because the more they hear these things from an early age on, the more successful they will be at mastering the subject later on. It's something that should be covered year after year (little by little) to build upon. Don't take FLL too seriously, it's just a good exercise to strengthen your dc's brain. There are no workbooks for this level, it's mostly oral lessons, question and response type lessons. Perfect for that age group.

WWE is excellent, but I am of the belief that you can do the suggested work without using the program. I have my ds6 copy sentences and do narrations anyway. Half way through the 1st grade year in FLL they introduce copywork. I use this as my version of copywork (I actually have been doing copywork with him since grade K) and even add to it. I write sentences out and ask him to identify the nouns, pronouns, etc. We use the copywork as lessons in themselves.