Menu

What does your dh wear

Well what does your dh wear to work, a uniform or suit or something? My dh stays in his clothes, but they are pretty comfortable (docker-type pants and a shirt, no tie). On weekends he wears similar pants and a flannel shirt.

In the pj section of department stores they sell casual type things that are not all the way to jammies but are still decent (flannel pants with elastic waist, etc.) Why don't you just find him some comfortable, casual pants like that and some comfortable sweatshirts or t's? Eddie Bauer makes delicious casual, comfortable stuff for guys. They just want to be comfortable.

PS. Let him wear slippers. Nothing is more relaxing to a guy than good, comfy slippers. If he doesn't have any, they'd make a good present. :)

My dh wears overalls pretty much 24/7. For everyday wear, it's overalls and a casual button up shirt. Dressing up is his darker overalls and a blue button up dress shirt. He even wore overalls and a dress shirt to our grandmothers funeral and my father's funeral last year.

Occasionally, he wears dockers and a button up shirt for meetings with the big wigs. Last time I remember that happening was 2-3 years ago.

He says life is too short to be pulling up your pants all the time.

Melinda

Edited by Melinda S in TX

Normally shorts, jeans or drawstring pants and a t-shirt. I have outlawed sweatpants, though I have noticed there is a new pair that has appeared - no doubt a gift from a family member who thinks I'm mean because I won't let him go around in clothes 8 sizes too big, with logos all over them.:glare:

I'll make you feel better about your dh wearing PJ pants. Mine wears shorts, preferably camoflauge and a tank top (not the in style ribbed, fitted type), but the loose can only buy in a gas station or souveneir store type. The tank tops usually have holes since I can't find replacements. I think he has some sort of sensory issues :confused: and the tank tops keep him from having the restrictive neckline.

Mine used to stay in his work clothes (dress slacks and button-down dress shirts) until he discovered flannel pj bottoms with oversized t-shirts (long or short sleeve). If it's really, really cold he goes for sweat pants. I'm so happy he has found something he is comfortable in to relax while at home.

If he goes out of the house after work he puts on jeans and tucks in the t-shirt.

You don't even want to know...in the winter it is usually some mix match of shorts with long johns under them and a t-shirt with a sweater that is too small over it. Oh the fun we have at his expense....occasionally he will wear a green long sleeve T-shirt with this ensemble and I call him "the Grinch" because he looks very...well...grinch-ish (think Jim Carrey in the movie here with the shortalls and the furry legs...

But really, I greet him at the door wearing my jeans which I then promptly change to jogging pants and top the outfit off with slippers. My little fella lives in pajamas and actually sometimes cries when he has to change clothes to go out in public...

Edited by Tree House Academy

You don't even want to know...in the winter it is usually some mix match of shorts with long johns under them and a t-shirt with a sweater that is too small over it. Oh the fun we have at his expense....occasionally he will wear a green long sleeve T-shirt with this ensemble and I call him "the Grinch" because he looks very...well...grinch-ish (think Jim Carrey in the movie here with the shortalls and the furry legs...

But really, I greet him at the door wearing my jeans which I then promptly change to jogging pants and top the outfit off with slippers. My little fella lives in pajamas and actually sometimes cries when he has to change clothes to go out in public...

MY husband wears shorts w/long johns underneath! We call his shorts his "comfies" cuz they're so comfy!

He wears scrubs at work with layers of longjohns and thermal shirts. I guess it is freezing in the angio dept.

after work? Mine ususally ends up changing into pj bottems and I really would like to find him something else :tongue_smilie: He is all for it but he was something comfortable for playing with the kids etc.

My self-employed work-at-home husband often W O R K S in his PJ's if he does not have client meetings. And he looks quite cute in his plaid flannel lounge pants and slippers. Wouldn't change a thing. In fact, I wish I could work in my pj's.

I work from home now and I actually own more PJ's than actual clothes. My husband in the winter changes into PJ bottoms with a sweatshirt or just sweatpants. In the spring/summer, he has some comfy shorts/T-shirts that he changed into. We are all about the comfort here. My oldest daughter, 7, is addicted to footie pajamas and would never take them off if I would allow it. She lives in them.

My dh changes from his neat, clean work jeans and tee shirt into older, faded home jeans and tee shirt. His home 'uniform' is a an old work 'uniform'. He's usually in his PJ bottoms by 8 PM if he's done outside bringing wood in, etc. That's winter though.

We live in our PJ's around the house. If somebody comes by unannounced, that's what they'll get.

Janet

But really, I greet him at the door wearing my jeans which I then promptly change to jogging pants and top the outfit off with slippers.

I do this too. If I am cold, I just wanna wear my sweats or pjs. I make myself stay in "real clothes" until dh gets home and we have dinner... then I am all for my comfy clothes.

My husband works in Clean jeans, tucked in polo shirt ( w/ company name on it :tongue_smilie:) and steel toed boots. He comes home and changes into farm jeans ( jeans too old to wear to work anymore) a t-shirt and his muck

boots and goes to work on the farm. When he comes in he showers and changes into his lounge shorts and another clean t-shirt. ( the shorts are hideous and actually look more like giant old ladies bloomers. ) Oh well - they are comfortable.

I usually am in Pj's all day and changes into farm clothes just before DH gets home so I can go out and work with him. Then I come back and change into pj's again.

Our PJ's are like lounge clothes.