Menu

Flu city around my place

No, really, we have the FLU here, people! :tongue_smilie:

Guess nobody cares. (JK - I know folks have more to do than respond to a piece of trivia I've shared about our homelife.... :rolleyes:

though I do think this will be the last time I perpetuate this conversation with myself! :tongue_smilie:).

Guess nobody cares. (JK - I know folks have more to do than respond to a piece of trivia I've shared about our homelife.... :rolleyes:

though I do think this will be the last time I perpetuate this conversation with myself! :tongue_smilie:).

I'm so sorry! I hope you are able to stay healthy, and that your dd's feel better soon :grouphug:.

We've had it here also. It started with dd last week. Within 2 days oldest ds and I both had it too. Youngest ds came down with it on sunday. None of us are feeling over it yet. DH has yet to get it somehow.

I know how you feel. It's been an absolutely awful week here. :grouphug:

Both of dds now have confirmed cases of the flu. Dh has had the flu shot (though that's not a guarantee against it). I have not. That is all. :-{

Now you guys have me grinning. I really was just trying to have fun in the face of no response to my OP but.....it also really does feel good to hear someone express sympathy! :tongue_smilie: And, those :grouphug: are REALLY nice!

Oh, I feel your pain! DD came down with it last week (oh that poor child was SO sick!) The doc put us all on Tamiflu to keep us from getting it. Guess who got sick next :glare: I keep telling myself to think about how much WORSE it could have been if I hadn't been on the Tamiflu. (but seriously? worse? ugh!)

Sending cyber-noodle soup your way...and hope recovery comes quick.

You, the currently healthly one, might want to consider taking some elderberry syrup. When my dh got the flu last year (yes, he had the shot, we hadn't), we continued taking our elderberry syrup (Sambucol) and never got it. He, of course, scorned our elderberry syrup.

I have friends who really believe in the Oscillo stuff for if you feel like you are getting the flu.

Hope you stay healthy!

We all had it last week. Dh had the flu shot but still got the flu. It's wicked stuff. Drink lots of fluids, wash your hands and read the thread about Grandma's warming kettle. It could help.

The silver lining for me is I lost four pounds last week due to lack of appetite.

at least in our area, this year's flu shot is not much guard against Type B (which is what dd had). Our region has been changed from sporadic to widespread cases of flu.

Oh, I feel your pain! DD came down with it last week (oh that poor child was SO sick!) The doc put us all on Tamiflu to keep us from getting it. Guess who got sick next :glare: I keep telling myself to think about how much WORSE it could have been if I hadn't been on the Tamiflu. (but seriously? worse? ugh!)

Sending cyber-noodle soup your way...and hope recovery comes quick.

:grouphug: