Menu

Can anyone recommend a nice, but inexpensive

tripod? I got a new DSLR in November (a Nikon D40!) and I am in the market for a tripod. I've never used one before, so I would like one that is relatively easy to use. Also I need one that won't break the bank. TIA!!

Not sure if "nice" tripods are "inexpensive". I asked about tripods at my locally owned camera store and was told that "nice" ones start at $200. Yes, there are less expensive ones on the market. My husband has one. He wants to replace it with a "nice" one.

What is your budget for this device?

Jane

Not sure if "nice" tripods are "inexpensive". I asked about tripods at my locally owned camera store and was told that "nice" ones start at $200. Yes, there are less expensive ones on the market. My husband has one. He wants to replace it with a "nice" one.

What is your budget for this device?

Jane

That's what I was afraid of. I was hoping to spend $100 or less. May not happen, huh? Thanks!

Professional photographer told me to buy one at Walmart! Yesterday I bought monopod (for sports) and a flexible tripod (attaches to various items for creative angles) and spent under $40 TOTAL! I'm still doing the happy dance!

Really? That's great to know. I know the Walmart near me has them. I'll have to take a closer look! Thanks!!