Menu

Coraline reviews?

Has anyone seen this yet? Is it any good? When I first saw the previews, I thought it was a Tim Burton (Nightmare before Christmas & Corpse Bride) movie. Turns out it's not but it appears to have a similar feel. My kids loved the Coraline book and love the Tim Burton movies so I thought that they would really like this.

I saw it today....a very well-made film, but not for the smallest of tots. Directed by the same guy who did James and the Giant Peach and Nightmare Before Christmas (which was NOT directed by Burton...which I did not realize until this week.) One scene has two old actresses in a stage show wearing hardly anything...and one is very, VERY well-endowed and has "pasties" on her almost naked bosoms....which bounce around - my 17-yr-old ds enjoyed that bit (!!!). I immediately though "Oh, the WTMommies won't like this bit!!!" when I saw it.

That said - I liked it a lot! But it it is not for small kidlets! If you think your kid would handle Nightmare Before Christmas, (and the Oogie Boogy Man, who creeps me out) then they would handle Coraline.

Edited by JFSinIL

I saw it today....a very well-made film, but not for the smallest of tots. Directed by the same guy who did James and the Giant Peach and Nightmare Before Christmas (which was NOT directed by Burton...which I did not realize until this week.) One scene has two old actresses in a stage show wearing hardly anything...and one is very, VERY well-endowed and has "pasties" on her almost naked bosoms....which bounce around - my 17-yr-old ds enjoyed that bit (!!!). I immediately though "Oh, the WTMommies won't like this bit!!!" when I saw it.

That said - I liked it a lot! But it it is not for small kidlets! If you think your kid would handle Nightmare Before Christmas, (and the Oogie Boogy Man, who creeps me out) then they would handle Coraline.

Those two movies were co-written/produced by Tim Burton. Since Tim Burton did not work on Coraline it makes since that the same sirector did. Thanks.