Menu

2/6/09 Exercise Thread...

"...exercising the body profiteth little..."

I do love that verse. I think of it everytime I don't want to run.:tongue_smilie: I don't think that is the writer's intention. :D

I had a great run today. I ran 2 miles. That is the first time I've ever made it that far. Of course, I felt like I would die the last 1/4 of a mile, but I did it! It is very encouraging to see progress.

Tonight, and this weekend, I'm off to watch my kids workout. They have a swim meet. Tonight they swim a 500 free, and my 11 year old is swimming a 200 IM as well.

I do love that verse. I think of it everytime I don't want to run.:tongue_smilie: I don't think that is the writer's intention. :D

No, I don't think so, either! :D But it's nice to quote if you don't feel like exercising. ;) I also like, "Let there be no division in the body," for math. :lol: Corny, I know. But I married Mr. Corny, so I have to laugh at stuff like that!

Edited by Aubrey

:D

It sure didn't feel like I was profiting my body during today's run. I'm beset with a cold/sore throat/aching kinda "thing" so it felt longer than 5 miles. I ran 6 Wednesday (don't think we had a thread that day) and took Thursday off, as usual. And can I just say again how glad I am that this is a low-mileage week? Only 7 miles scheduled tomorrow. Woo hoo!

I happened upon this in 1 Timothy last night, & it cracked me up. I've been waiting to start y'all's thread for you all morning just so I could share. :lol:

It's the little things, ya know....

That's very funny! And my dh sounds like yours...corny.

I ran/walked today w/my usual friend. Beautiful weather, pulled ds 6 in the wagon and ds 9 rode his bike with us. We found a few aluminum cans to pick up, too, which we're now doing more for the "beautifying the neighborhood" benefits since the money-making potential has bottomed out. We have a few bags of them saved in the garage, so we'll have to get rid of them soon, no matter the price.

Chelle