Menu
ATTENTION: Forums search will not work until re-indexing is completed. Please follow these instructions for search

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

A home for their hearts

How long does it take no-bake cookies to set?

If they aren't setting up then you probably need to boil the mixture a bit longer. :D

I just thought of this, after a boil the mixture and then add in the peanut butter do I need to let the peanut butter melt? That's what I did and maybe that is why they aren't setting?

The way I learned to do was to bring to a full boil, boil for 3 minutes. Remove from heat, I add peanut butter and vanilla at that point, stir it in then add the oats.

The way I learned to do was to bring to a full boil, boil for 3 minutes. Remove from heat, I add peanut butter and vanilla at that point, stir it in then add the oats.

If you use margarin boil 2 min, for butter boil 1 min. It should be a rolling boil. But they do usually set quickly. I love these and make them all of the time, especially when the kids are in bed!

If you use margarin boil 2 min, for butter boil 1 min. It should be a rolling boil. But they do usually set quickly. I love these and make them all of the time, especially when the kids are in bed!

I use butter (never margarine) but I boil for 3 minutes. I never used a recipe though, that's how my aunt taught me to make them so you might can get away with less. I do wonder if depends on your location and what your humidity is or something.

I boil the mixture for 1 minute (I use butter and this is what my recipe says).

I also put them in the freezer on a cookie sheet to set faster. Then we keep them in the freezer as we really like them that way. :D

I know it takes longer to boil, if not they will be goo. Goo is good but I would rather be able to hold them. I've never thought about the humidity/ weather factor. I now want to go make cookies.:D

SUBSCRIBE TO OUR NEWSLETTER & RECEIVE A COUPON FOR
10% OFF
We respect your privacy.You’ll hear about new products, special discounts & sales, and homeschooling tips. *Coupon only valid for first-time registrants. Coupon cannot be combined with any other offer. Entering your email address makes you eligible to receive future promotional emails.
0 Shares
Tweet
Pin