Menu

Getting Started With Latin

whitestavern

We just started this book in January. We are really liking it. My very reluctant to school son says he likes it. We are on lesson 20. The pronunciation is available for free at his website. I really like how it builds on prior material. It only takes about 10 mins at this point so it is easy to fit in our day & actually get done.

HTH,

Mary

My ds had only Latin's not so Tough level 3 and Minimus last year in fourth grade, and we started it in September. As the other poster said, it is quick with built in review. I love the way it presents material incrementally, and yet seems to cover so much over the course of a year. I plan to finish it this year and move on to Cambridge Latin, a high school level course, in the fall. Finally, I contacted the author William Linney with a question, and he responded immediately and was very helpful. And, it's cheap!

I'm using it with my 6th grader. It is extremely easy to implement. My son (who has dyslexia and big problems with foreign languages) is able to do it.

We will be using either Ecce Romani or Latin for Americans in the fall and I am confident that my son will be able to manage it after using Getting Started.