Menu

A really fat pony............

Yes, she is fat. Doesn't quite equal Betsy the donkey though. Glad you caught this and have her in a round pen. I bet she is NOT happy there.

My guy has lost some weight this winter. He is getting much more hay than normal but Jan. was record cold with many nights below zero and highs in the single digits. He is now getting some beet pulp twice a day and more hay. He also needs to build his muscle up but it is hard to ride with so much ice---and I get sick of making circles around the pool (about the only safe place to ride right now).

Can you take Jedi for walks daily? My 13dd would LOVE to come and take her for walks. She does that for the donkey every chance she gets.

It can be really difficult to manage those easy keepers, huh.

My mustang can't be allowed on any pasture at all. Not even with a grazing muzzle, because the clever boy figured out how to consistently get it off. He got over feeling sorry for himself in the rehab paddock and feels SO much better!

Like Ottakee's horse, mine is on hay and soaked beet pulp (for mixing his supplements in). I am trying to wean him off the supplements now that his feet are feeling better.

a website that has some good info is: http://www.safergrass.org/

Yes, she is fat. Doesn't quite equal Betsy the donkey though. Glad you caught this and have her in a round pen. I bet she is NOT happy there.

My guy has lost some weight this winter. He is getting much more hay than normal but Jan. was record cold with many nights below zero and highs in the single digits. He is now getting some beet pulp twice a day and more hay. He also needs to build his muscle up but it is hard to ride with so much ice---and I get sick of making circles around the pool (about the only safe place to ride right now).

Can you take Jedi for walks daily? My 13dd would LOVE to come and take her for walks. She does that for the donkey every chance she gets.

She is major pi$$ed. When the weather's nice I work her fanny off, but today it was just too cold. She still has to take me on pony cart rides, you wouldn't believe her endurance.

I am ready for winter to be done. Today we are to have windchills well below zero all day with air temps in the single digits. We do get some peeks at the sun though which is nice.

Hopefully she will slim down soon and can earn some out of pen time.

Do you have a grazzling muzzle for her? If she would leave it on that might help her as well.

Yep, that's a chunker all right....I think we may know her twin Misty. My in laws have a little chunker. Misty is sweet, but she loves to eat. My 4yog is madly in love with her and wants to help exercise her by sitting on her back - poor horse is so fat and happy she really needs the workout but fil is a softy. It's my mil that gets to put her on a diet and handle the mournful looks :) Ahhh pony love!

Michele in PA