Menu

Kids Jammies

So, the weather's already changing here and the kids are bursting out of their winter clothes, as is. I broke down and bought new shorts and t's. I did buy dd a princess nightgown, but jammies are SO expensive! Do you all buy real jammies? What else can they wear? Dad's T-shirts???

So, the weather's already changing here and the kids are bursting out of their winter clothes, as is. I broke down and bought new shorts and t's. I did buy dd a princess nightgown, but jammies are SO expensive! Do you all buy real jammies? What else can they wear? Dad's T-shirts???

Dad's T-shirts are great. My little brother wore one for years because he wanted to be like his sisters and have "niteydresses" (his word):D

Oh good! I bought the nightgown for $12.99. Everything else I picked up was $4.00/ea - shirts, shorts. I hate the idea of having to spend that much for clothes to sleep in!!!

Well, half the time mine are running around in their underwear because they "got too hot" in their pj's. . .so I often wonder why I spend the money on them - lol. But I do try to buy pjs off-season, on sale if I can (Target recently marked down their fuzzy, footed pjs to $3.74 for big kid's sizes) - if that's not an option, then I'd go w/ a less expensive option than paying full price, such as large t-shirts.

Well, half the time mine are running around in their underwear because they "got too hot" in their pj's. . .so I often wonder why I spend the money on them - lol. But I do try to buy pjs off-season, on sale if I can (Target recently marked down their fuzzy, footed pjs to $3.74 for big kid's sizes) - if that's not an option, then I'd go w/ a less expensive option than paying full price, such as large t-shirts.

Well that's smart. I should have done that. I saw those today, also. Oh well. Dad's shirts, it will be. :)

I find that esp for little kids, consignment sales are great. The ones here are very particular about what clothes they accept, so the pj's are in good shape. Besides, it doesn't matter a whole lot what they look like (except Christmas morning), they won't wear them out of the house. Now that dd is getting older, it's a little harder finding them for her, but for that there are always clearance sales!

Oh, how I wish we had some shorts weather. Here it is sweatpants and long sleeve t's in the winter, sweatpants and short sleeve t's in the summer except for when it is really warm. I did get some cute pajamas at Costco awhile back for a good low price.

I'll switch states w/ ya! ;)

I do. I usually wait for sales and clearances.

My kids wear pj's here. Well, in the winter. I get them at the resale shop or I just buy them. I don't recall the footie pj's at Target being all that badly priced, even at the beginning of the season. Summer time my girls love to sleep nekkid. They usually have a robe handy. We have air conditioning, but it gets real hot up in their room (old house, not good ducts...)

The toddlers pjs are usually under $8 a pair, for Carters brand, at Costco or the like.

DD10 likes flannel pants and a tank top for a shirt. Hers run under $10 a pair for the bottoms. I buy the x-small women's for her and can usually find them on a good sale.

Ds14 wears men's medium sized flannel pants and no shirt. I buy them at Costco when they are on sale for about $10 a pair or less.

In the summer the kids often sleep in cotton shorts. I will buy a couple of cute outfits for the girls but shorts are the most common. DD10 loves pjs and cares more about the details/characters on her pjs than her daytime clothes. I just pick up whatever shorts are cheap somewhere. :0)

They each have 5-7 pair of pjs. I don't mind if they wear them twice, but my kids sleep hot, so they are stinky if they wear them a third time.

I don't mind buying extra pjs because once the kids are in for the night, they usually switch into pjs and stay in them until it is time to go out the next day.

They wear them more like an evening outfit :0)