Menu

Small things make a HUGE difference!

One: I finally figured out what type of degree I should go for: business administration or some variation thereof. This has been a LOAD off my shoulders b/c I was trying to fit a career into the lifestyle of homeschooling and although the future of homeschooling is uncertain (for us) now that I've chosen a position that is usually Mon-Fri 9-5, I remain dedicated enough to afterschool if that is the future path.

Two: Just because one college tuition is expensive (12K/yr) doesn't mean all the others are! I've researched other colleges in my area and I have OPTIONS, esp. since changing my major (from nursing to bus. admin)! I've also decided that going to campus is reasonable and doable without sending dd8 to school next year. Somehow, someway we will make it work and I'm hopeful.

I know it sounds silly but I didn't worry about the cost of college b/c hub has gone to for the last couple of years and had refunds from the Pell Grant so I figured I was okay just picking a college based on the degree/coursework. Wrong! I picked the most expensive private college in the area. :001_huh: So I wasted two months, possibly more b/c I missed the admission deadlines to other more affordable colleges for Spring session. Sigh. I'll probably start somewhere online for core classes immediately and just transfer those classes in the Fall. I have to call 4 different college admission offices today and figure this out. Stress has been alleviated though! I can actually call and say, I want to explore attending your college with the intention of obtaining THiS degree! Woo-Hoo!!!! :D

Thank you for praying, thinking good thoughts, etc. for me. Things are moving in positive directions for the time being and I needed this reprieve so badly.

Edited by Trivium Academy

Happy for you and sad too. You should not be having to go through this. Praying for you!

BTW, Have you seen the book "Accelerated Distance Learning"? It has a lot of ideas of how to earn college credit without sitting through classes. You have a lot of business/administrative skills through your homeschooling work & this book may help you get some credit for that (as well as other ideas) Jacqui