Menu

I'm over everything -- not sure how much more I can take

My mom has been diagnosed with Celiac disease.

I am very familiar with it because we have several friends with it. Due to hospitization issues -- pneumonia and possible MAC (like TB), the doctors discovered she was losing blood somewhere. So, they put a scope down her stomach. She has a colonoscopy tomorrow. She had been in the hospital for a week in a quarantined room until they were able to rule out TB.

The doctor told her based on the biopsy of the stomach/intestines, she has Celiac disease.

I guess I'll be going in for testing soon since it's hereditary.

Honestly, I don't know how much more I can take.

For those who have seen me post, we are in the middle of remodeling our living area which entails the living room/play room/office. It's very small and L-shaped, and it really needed painting, replastering, carpeting, etc.

Today, we discovered that the office floor is not smooth enough for the laminate flooring we wanted. So, now we have to try to get a concrete company in to grind it.

Work is so slow. We are behind in school. Today, I had the boys play online math games (really, they were truly educational), do their Calvert spelling CD, and watch history videos on United Streaming. Nathan began reading the book of Matthew on his own.

I was doing W-2s (which are late) for our employees and catching up on tax paperwork tonight.

A few days ago, my father-in-law went into the ICU because he had a minor heart attack. He is 88, and has never had any heart issues.

Our house is a wreck! I am so sick of it.

Oh, and a few days ago, we had to drive to Fredericksburg, VA b/c Office Depot messed up our furniture order (sat in traffic that was so bad it took one hour to drive 4 miles). While we were eating at Panera Bread, a lady backed into our van, and was whiney that we wanted to file with her insurance. I had never owned a new vehicle prior to this one (which we've had for a year), so I park very far away from stores and double park. So, now we have to find time to take it in for a repair estimate.

ugh

Try to focus on the good stuff. You are remodeling...and even though the current state of things is a wreck...the end result will be a lovely and more efficient space. As for the health issues...I know this stuff is a nightmare (I work in a hospital) but she is receiving good care, they seem to be taking all the precautions and she is having tests that will hopefully reveal some much needed answers. Just keep looking for that silver lining! Keep your chin up!:)

When laying ceramic tile and the floor isn't level enough, they make a product that you smooth on and it hardens - it levels the floor. Could that help your situation? Maybe go to home depot and ask some questions...

I'm sorry about your situations. Be strong, you have an army of women praying for you.

:grouphug: I'm sorry there is so much trouble right now. So you don't have it nagging at you, make the call right now to schedule a celiac test for mid-March. It will be on the calendar, but you will have time to work through most of the other stuff before you have to go do it.

I can't believe all that is going on in your life right now! :grouphug:

My son was diagnosed with Celiac Disease exactly 3 years ago this month. Myself and my oldest daughter were tested and we were both found to be gluten-intolerant. It is very overwhelming at first, but after tons of research and time, it is now just a part of our lives!

Getting tested (I'm sure you already know this) begins with just some simple blood tests (make sure your Dr. does the full Celiac Blood Panel and not just one or two antibody tests), and then you'll go from there. This is the forum I scoured when I first found out my son's DX and it was really helpful: http://www.celiac.com/gluten-free/

If you need any advice or suggestions on the Celiac thing, let me know!

They have told my mom not to worry yet, because they still want to run more tests. She has a lot going on in her system, and they're still trying to figure everything out.

All else pretty much stinks right now. The carpet was installed today, but it is very defective, so it has to be reordered and reinstalled. So, our house will be in shambles for even longer, and we may have to pay for another month of POD storage.

Oh, and tomorrow I'm having a teacher yardsale -- I'm exhausted already!