Menu

You know what tomorrow is, don't you?

It was filmed in Woodstock, IL. We lived in Cary--about 30 minutes south.

MOST of the kids who were extras were homeschooled.

The guy in the trenchcoat every morning down town--yep--he and his sister were homeschooled (he was in college at the time)! I gave his mother quilting lessons...

In the diner there is a family--all kids homeschooled! The Dad was my pastor at the time--I tutored his kids (sewing and math).

Many of the extras were members of our little church. The first time I saw the movie I could not concentrate on what was going on--too many faces we knew... The second time around I paid more attention...

I was tempted to audition as an extra--but middle dd had just been born and was VERY sick (preemie who caught RSV). I think the pay was about $75 a day just to hang around the set in case you were 'needed' and more if they actually used you.

ALL of the snow was artificial. Luck had it that we did not get our first real 'snowfall' until right AFTER they stopped filming. It was cold outside though.

It was filmed in Woodstock, IL. We lived in Cary--about 30 minutes south.

MOST of the kids who were extras were homeschooled.

The guy in the trenchcoat every morning down town--yep--he and his sister were homeschooled (he was in college at the time)! I gave his mother quilting lessons...

In the diner there is a family--all kids homeschooled! The Dad was my pastor at the time--I tutored his kids (sewing and math).

Many of the extras were members of our little church. The first time I saw the movie I could not concentrate on what was going on--too many faces we knew... The second time around I paid more attention...

I was tempted to audition as an extra--but middle dd had just been born and was VERY sick (preemie who caught RSV). I think the pay was about $75 a day just to hang around the set in case you were 'needed' and more if they actually used you.

ALL of the snow was artificial. Luck had it that we did not get our first real 'snowfall' until right AFTER they stopped filming. It was cold outside though.

Very cool.

Good to know!

Of course i know what tomorrow is - my oldest DD's 13th birthday!!! :D

She would be spending it at Disneyworld with her grandparents - you know, withOUT her sisters.... made her day!

It's my mom's birthday, too! She celebrates all minor holidays, St. Urho's Day included, and I believe it's due to her birthday being on Groundhog Day.

For cute Groundhog cupcakes, make chocolate cupcakes, frost with chocolate frosting, crumble chocolate cookies on the top (Oreos, chocolate animal crackers, etc.), then take a Nutter Butter peanut shaped cookie and dot two frosting eyes on the top half and shove the bottom half into the cupcake. Looks like a groundhog peering up from a burrow!

Can you tell we have been cooped up all last week with the ice storm? I'm going a little stir crazy!

I love Groundhog Day, but I SO hope winter is over early this year. I hate being cold so very, very much.

We haven't even *had* winter here in Central Texas.:glare:

If our winter has been so mild, does that mean that summer will be mild, or will it be hotter than blazes???