Menu

on a lighter note, please teach your children this critical bit of "common knowledge"

Where we took delivery of anything the Chemistry department or their machine shop ordered, which included all kinds of electronics and whatnot... and the day that someone got their order of a "Female Terminator" was absolutely hysterical. It was one of those sorts of places where the accepted level of "banter" was already pretty crude (never actually threatening or anything) and that just contributed to it! ;)

In my first 'real' job fresh out of college, I worked for a livestock supply distributor. My coworker was an extremely nice-looking, arrogant, know-it-all who made my life unbearable as the 'new girl'. Of course, he was the one around when I didn't understand a customer's order for male and female hardware items. He described the terms in great detail in front of a bunch of guys to my absolute mortification. Although he was quite a jerk, I don't think I've ever felt like such an idiot. Explain to your girls! And your guys! :blushing:

Ahem...again, a phrase I did not learn until I was in college, when my best friend (former high school stagehand) explained it to me *sigh* Where would I be without those two?

I didn't know there was anything embarrassing about this term (lefty loosey, righty tighty). Anyone care to explain?

I learned the OP when DH asked me, "Is that a male or female connector?" I was able to answer with no explanation, though I had never heard of it before.

I didn't know there was anything embarrassing about this term (lefty loosey, righty tighty). Anyone care to explain?

I learned the OP when DH asked me, "Is that a male or female connector?" I was able to answer with no explanation, though I had never heard of it before.

Oh no, the phrase isn't embarassing. The fact that I'd never heard of either of these things until I was an adult is, though!