Menu

Feb 1st tomorrow-what are you getting your spouse for Valentine's Day?

Not one thing. We never have, never will. Just a smile and a kiss, lol. That does it for us!

If I'm really on my game, though, I'll make heart-shaped chocolate waffles with cherry pie filling and whipped cream for the kids.

Ria

Oh, thank goodness Ria answered first! Because my first thought was: Please. It's not enough that I bought a bamboo cutting board (abbeyej), consume Mike's (all of you), now own, and first used tonight and have no idea how I survived for so long with out it, a stick blender, and countless other things, and now I have to start doing Valentine's Day, too?!?!

:D

I set up a Valentine scavenger hunt every year for dh and the kids, so I got him a card and some candy to hide throughout the house. (One year, I sent him around town for his scavenger hunt, but this year it will be just around the house and yard.) I'll also make something I know he likes for supper that we don't usually have.

Guest janainaz

I do stuff for my kids - I love doing that and every once in a while my husband surprises me with something weird like an electric toothbrush or bonsai bush. Whatever he attempts to do always makes me smile. After many years of tears and death threats, I finally got over the fact that he just isn't that into the holidays he claims to be created by Hallmark. So, we are random from year-to-year - sometimes it's acknowledged, sometimes not.

We never exchange presents, not even cards, for any holiday. We just say Happy Valentine's Day, I'm glad you're my Valentine. That's it and it's proven to be more than enough. I'm glad dh and I agree on this because presents and such are a hassle and just add stress to the day and clutter to the house. :001_smile: Pretty romantic aren't we?

last year he got me a gorgeous sparkly candle, and a Valentine's Tshirt from Old Navy, and something else I can't remember. Sometimes we'll give massage oils or lotions, lingerie, that type of thing. So basically I'm trying to think of romantic ideas like this (not really like Christmas present type things) because after 13 Valentine's Days together I'm running out of ideas!

We don't give each other anything, but during the next few weeks I expect my SO to find cute lil stuffed animals, small boxes of candy, and other things I like for gifts. He gives as he finds though so it's up in the air if I get anything else (he's already bought me a cute lil stuffed dog for $3). We aren't really into Valentine's Day. I always say my almost 6 year old is the best Valentine's Day gift I could ever have and really don't need another thing. (He was born Feb. 13th.)

For the kids, I continue what my parents started with my sister and I. I will get my oldest a small box of chocolates and a card. My younger (16months) has so many food allergies that I can't do that with him, but I will find him something special.

I'm getting a new plant. My kids watered my chocolate clover plant with milk--and it died. . . . .

Maybe they wanted a milk chocolate clover plant???:lol:

My husband is easy. Chocolate. Any holiday, any excuse, chocolate. I used to stress that it seemed like I never really got him anything for christmas. He was hard to buy for, never really needed anything, so I'd find something and then fill in with godiva and things. I told him this and his answer was "Have I ever complained???" He's very happy with chocolate. He and the 6 year could use a 12 step program for chocolate.

Both the husband and the son are getting matching Godiva's this year. 6yo is also getting a watch. With an alarm I can set!

We decided on our first Valentine's Day not to celebrate it. For the kids though we usually do some fun crafts and they make valentines for family members. I do have a few decorations I put up.

I think a nice gift though would be something thoughtful and from the heart like a coupon for a massage (from you, of course) or a nice movie after the kids are in bed.

some nice lingerie, and that will be the present this year-*me* in the lingerie with candles and romantic music in the background. I thought about buying some of those fake rose petals to spread on the bed, but couldn't stand the thought of having to pick them all up afterwards! :lol: