Menu

What jobs did you do in order to live on your own or attend college?

I worked at a department store, at a bagel shop, as an accounting assistant, and as an assistant to a financial planner. Oh, and I did some babysitting. The accounting/financial planning I did after I had some business classes under my belt. By that point it was getting much easier to pay the bills. :D

I went to state school, rented a room from some family friends, and actually managed to graduate without any debt due to my part-time jobs. And I think that working throughout college helped me with getting a job after I graduated - beefs up the resume and gives you a reputation as a hard worker. :001_smile:

I worked hard in high school to earn any scholarships that I could. I also had 2 part-time jobs in high school. (But no car. I rode the bus or biked- 8 miles- to work.)

I worked insane hours waiting tables every summer. I worked on-campus jobs during the school year. My final year I had to take a student loan, but I was able to pay most of that off teaching at low-income schools afterwards.

I had roommates and garage-sale furniture. I essentially didn't buy clothes for 4 years. (Guess what I got every Christmas.)

I ate a LOT of Ramen and Campbell's soup.

It was hard, but I did it. And I am thankful for every hardship.