Menu

Anyone have a career assessment resource they recommend?

Online preferably, Q&A format.

I'm wavering on what type of degree I want and essentially, what type of life. I know working as a nurse would be the most beneficial for homeschooling due to the shiftwork but I don't think I'd flourish in that position. In fact, I think I would fail.

So I'm trying to pick something that uses my natural aptitudes, but I cannot figure out which direction to go! Too well-rounded...no specialty (advisor said). Sigh. I need help.

Have you every heard of/ seen Career Direct by Crown Financial Ministries?

My husband used this when he was trying to decide what to do at a career junction in his life. It was very thorough and Biblical. Unfortunately, it did reveal such a huge number of options for him that it was overwhelming.

I, too, am one of those "you could do anything you set your mind to" people as well, so I feel your pain in completing these type of assessments. I hope you can find one that will work for you.

Anything from Crown is usually pretty good.

It is not clear to me that you should choose your career around whether it works with homeschooling at this point, though. It seems to me that you really need to do what will support and nourish you best, and then see whether you can homeschool along with it. And in the meantime, try to get your divorce set up in such a way so that you have support while going to school and while homeschooling. It's kind of a catch 22. If you train for something, the judge can require you to do it. If you don't, he can require you to train. Either way, it is very hard to continue homeschooling through a divorce, because it is economically unfavorable to your ex. I'm not saying not to try to do it, but I think that building your whole future around it would be a very bad mistake. I'm really sorry, I know that these are hard words, but I hope that you think about them because I truly do mean them kindly and lovingly.

Have you every heard of/ seen Career Direct by Crown Financial Ministries?

My husband used this when he was trying to decide what to do at a career junction in his life. It was very thorough and Biblical. Unfortunately, it did reveal such a huge number of options for him that it was overwhelming.

I, too, am one of those "you could do anything you set your mind to" people as well, so I feel your pain in completing these type of assessments. I hope you can find one that will work for you.

My BFF used this and she highly recommends it!:001_smile: