Menu

Someone please tell me I'm right.

Not a big deal (thank goodness!). But, I'd like some back up. Dd11 has had the flu, like three of the four of us. She was really down on Sunday and Monday, fever free yesterday but still pretty "slow". Today, she's says she feels fine. Which is great, wonderful, finally-someone-feels-better kind of news. But, today is also her usual day for an hour and a half gymnastics class. I'm disinclined to acquiesce to her request (to borrow that great line from Pirates 1) to attend class today. Seems like too much too soon. Am I right? She loves the class more than just about anything else. But, I'm right...right? :rolleyes:

Doran

I think you are right to do what you think best.

BUT...we had this exact situation last week. 11yo ds was very ill on Sunday (104 fever), moderately ill on Monday, claimed fine on Tuesday...so by Wednesday he was back to his usual activities, including a 75 minute workout.

(The poor thing is now my 12yo ds...he turned 12 last Tuesday. We had to cancel his party which was on Monday).

So yes, I think you are right - but I think either decision could be right. :)

As someone recuperating from the flu 2 weeks ago I would agree that you should disincline! Like I said I had the flu 2 weeks ago. . .last week I was back at work but those first few days back were exhausting. . .I would come home and crash on the couch for the evening. Worked 40 hours last week and all weekend long all I could do was sleep in between running errands and doing laundry and church etc. so I think she should take it easy for a few days even though she feels better. I would hate for her to relapse!

shell

And if it's the same strain of flu going through out here, there will be a slight relapse within the next few days-another short round of extreme fatigue and a worsening of the cough.

To simplify, though, you're right.

I hope everyone feels better quickly, and I was so bummed to read your dd had pneumonia again. Poor girl.

Yeah, you're right. I wouldn't let her go either, but I would try to find a way to reschedule it if possible.

Hey, look at the bright side:

You are the winner of today's Meanest Mom in the World Award!

Stand up and take a bow!!!!! :D

Well...:o...er...thrsfasfguussmms. I mean..uh...thank you..thank you very much. You know, I've worked pretty hard for this actually. And, I'd like to thank my mother, who taught me everything I know.

happy091.gif

I would rather them miss this week's worth of schoolwork, and totally rest, than try to 'bounce back' and not get anything done for the next three weeks.

If she did go to gymnastics, there is a good chance she would be weaker than she had originally thought and could injure herself. Better safe than sorry.

Not a big deal (thank goodness!). But, I'd like some back up. Dd11 has had the flu, like three of the four of us. She was really down on Sunday and Monday, fever free yesterday but still pretty "slow". Today, she's says she feels fine. Which is great, wonderful, finally-someone-feels-better kind of news. But, today is also her usual day for an hour and a half gymnastics class. I'm disinclined to acquiesce to her request (to borrow that great line from Pirates 1) to attend class today. Seems like too much too soon. Am I right? She loves the class more than just about anything else. But, I'm right...right? :rolleyes:

Doran

to do half an hour? I can so understand the need to get out after you've been cooped up with sickness.

to do half an hour? I can so understand the need to get out after you've been cooped up with sickness.

No...and HOUR and a half. And, she goes hard, my kid. It's a homeschoolers class filled mostly with beginners. Dd is by far the best in the class (not bragging..it is partly owing the the fact that she has more experience, and partly to a natural aptitude on her part), and pushes herself accordingly. So...we're opting out, much to her dismay. I understand that cooped up feeling, too. Got a big case of it myself, in fact. But, I just don't think it's worth the risk of setting her back, kwim?

Doran