Menu

Stuff Rake

This is my newest invention. It would look something like this:

rake.jpg

And I'd use it to rake stuff out of the living room et al.

It's named for Stuff Mart on Veggie Tales. Order now & it comes w/ free Stuff* to rake. Supplies limited. Stuff* is not, though.

*Not responsible for Stuff's propensity to multiply & enact hostile takeovers.

Not buyin' here either. :)

I pull out the vaccuum and grab a trash bag and tell them that they have something like 5 minutes and anything not gone will be consumed permanently. :) THEY are my stuff rake.

Now, when they see me heading for these items unannounced they all scurry and spread the word. I'm building teamwork skills, right? :lol:

By the way, I often reference "Stuff Mart" and sing the song when it gets to this point. We're huge Veggie fans.

This is my newest invention. It would look something like this:

rake.jpg

And I'd use it to rake stuff out of the living room et al.

It's named for Stuff Mart on Veggie Tales. Order now & it comes w/ free Stuff* to rake. Supplies limited. Stuff* is not, though.

*Not responsible for Stuff's propensity to multiply & enact hostile takeovers.

:lol::lol::lol:

What I need is the cleaning machine that The Cat in the Hat rides in on at the end of the book!

I pull out the vaccuum and grab a trash bag and tell them that they have something like 5 minutes and anything not gone will be consumed permanently. :) THEY are my stuff rake.

See, that's what I've been doing, too. But it's so exhausting. I've been daydreaming about just raking it out the front door, so the scramble to save stuff can go on behind me while I vacuum blissfully. I hate the calculations to figure how close I can get because I always overestimate & end up w/ a sock or a toy or something stuck in the hose. :glare: :lol:

Edited by Aubrey

Oh goodness! This is ME too! Sometimes we hear something go through the hose and dd5 will wail that it was probably hers...she's so sure of it, the poor dear.

A few loud rattles of "treasured possessions" through that hose though and they all move a little faster!

Oh goodness! This is ME too! Sometimes we hear something go through the hose and dd5 will wail that it was probably hers...she's so sure of it, the poor dear.

A few loud rattles of "treasured possessions" through that hose though and they all move a little faster!

So you're saying I shouldn't pull the stuff--ahem! excuse me--Stuff--out of the vacuum? That would be revolutionary.

Except that it's really only socks. And lack of socks only leads them back to me. They say they have no clean socks. I say fine. Stay home. They weep & gnash their teeth. Dh says I can't leave a 5yo home alone. I offer to stay home. Dh pulls dirty socks out of the laundry but fails to tell the dc not to tell me, so I stare him down w/ that evil stare all the way to wherever we're going, but because he's oblivious to the stare, it achieves nothing but a headache.

Hence my need for a Stuff Rake.

See, that's what I've been doing, too. But it's so exhausting. I've been daydreaming about just raking it out the front door, so the scramble to save stuff can go on behind me while I vacuum blissfully. I hate the calculations to figure how close I can get because I always overestimate & end up w/ a sock or a toy or something stuck in the hose. :glare: :lol:
DH sweeps everything into the smallest pile he can with the broom, and then proceeds to completely clean up the rest of the room. It works for him.