Menu

slow shipping...WWYD

I ordered some sewing pattern books from a website on the 13th of January. Email confirmation said to expect the package in 14 business says. It has been 14 business days today. No sign of the package. I emailed customer service and was told:

Your package was mailed on January 13th. Please wait 4 - 6 weeks for delivery!

I am ticked. I was planning on making Valentine's presents for my Grands with the pattern. I have to mail them when I get them sewn..there is no way I am going to accomplish that now unless this book shows up this weekend. I wrote them back and said that was unacceptable shipping standards, but I didn't offer a solution.

WWYD??????????

I would call them, too, and have the confirmation e-mail on hand to quote to them. I'd see if they'll overnight another entire order to you, so you can have it and get started. You could even be very gracious and offer to send the first order back when it arrives in 4-6 weeks! That's frustrating. Best of luck.

they sent my order to Afghanistan. ( I am not sure, but apparently I didn't see that there was a country to choose from or my scrool button moved after I started the order.)

They offered to send me another shipment, free of charge, but wanted me to pay shipping again. She was quite upset that they might be out their original order and thought it fair since the mistake was mine that I pay shipping a 2nd time. I told her I would not recieve it in time anyway, so just cancel my order. Since I have been emailing customer service for several days, I am surprised no one caught this before...including me. I am not a newbie at ordering online and I have in fact, ordered from this company before!

You know, I'm not sure that makes sense. Didn't they have all your other shipping info - zip code, state etc. And don't people have to match credit card info to your address? I know when I try to use a Canadian credit card with an American address, it's often questioned.

Obviously I don't know what their process is but it seems like to would be hard to mix up Afghanistan and Michigan even if you did make a mistake.

You know, I'm not sure that makes sense. Didn't they have all your other shipping info - zip code, state etc. And don't people have to match credit card info to your address? I know when I try to use a Canadian credit card with an American address, it's often questioned.

Obviously I don't know what their process is but it seems like to would be hard to mix up Afghanistan and Michigan even if you did make a mistake.

:iagree: How the heck can you think that Michigan belongs with Afghanistan??

I've had a number of sites recently that default the country code to the top of the list though - so i bet that is what happened here. BUT, bad for them for not noticing it... someone should be at least GLANCING at it. And wouldn't that have had to have had a customs form with it?!?!

I'm sorry you won't get it in time..... that stinks.

YEs they had a street address, city and zip code and phone number. Apparently either the State or the country defaulted the other one...the state showed up as NA...You would think a package heading to AFghanisgtan would require a second glance! Does Sewing with Nancy air on Afghan TV??

I am really bummed. I even had the little sweatshirts all bought waiting for the pattern.

I will try ordereing directly from the author's website and see if I can get them here early next week...I guess my Grands are little enough that they won't care if the package is a little late, but I don't like to operate that way!