Menu

DD7's birthday party tomorrow...DH has a fever...

Youngest dd turned 7 this week. She has 5 friends who are planning on attending her party (around here there are always a few who do not RSVP but just show up--it is a given).

Party plans were simple: 11am-1pm Pizza, party games, small craft, cake at our house. We also have a large playscape and the weather is supposed to be 70 and sunny!

DH went to bed feeling like he had a fever last night (I decided to use the guest bed). He woke up with a 102.5 fever. This guy is RARELY sick! The rest of us are helathy (at the moment).

DD was in tears this morning when I told her that we could not have her party here tomorrow.

I'll be calling her friends' parents today--but I wanted to see what the 'hive' thinks would be the best thing to do.

Since I've nver figured out the poll thing...

1. Reschedule for next week--knowing that a few of the girls could not make it.

2. Relocate the party to Pizza Hut for the food and then to our church's playscape for the rest of the party (our town is tiny and we do not have a park). Weather is supposed to be great (70 and sunny).

3. Other?

Thanks in advance for helping me scramble a recovery plan!

Jann

I don't think anyone in my group would expect a party to be moved because of a sick adult in the house, as long as he stays far, far away.

I'd wipe down the counters, doorknobs and phones, lock dh in a back room, and call it good.

for the record, I am pretty picky about my kids being exposed to illness. in this case, I don't think the attendees are in any more danger than they would be at germ-ridden Pizza Hut, lol.

#3 - Can you have pizza delivered to the church and play there? Then you avoid the transportation issues. Maybe plan a simple craft they could do also. Pizza/craft/playing=great party. Best wishes for a good time!

That would keep the party all in one place!

Hopefully DH gets better quick and no one else gets sick.